You can edit item records in your account to change item details, settings, restock levels, users access to an item, and cost values.
To Edit an Item:
1. Click the "Libraries" tab.
2. Click the "Item Library" link.
3. In the library table, under the Item ID column, type the "Item ID" in the filter field for the item you wish to edit. Hit the "Enter" or "Tab" key on your keyboard.
4. Click the pencil icon (edit) for the item. This will take you to the "Item Master".
The "Item Master" is where you edit specific attributes associated with an item record. This page is arranged into the following sub tabs:
5. "Details" - General information about the item record such as the item id, item description, item group, custom item fields (if applicable), etc....
To edit "General Information", type the new data in the field(s) you wish to change, and click the "Save" button.
If editing "Item ID", you must first click the pencil icon (edit) for the item id, and type the new item id in the field before you click the "Save" button.
6. "Settings" - Default values assigned to the item record. Settings include default unit of measure (used for calculating restocks, purchasing, and selling stock, default location - where the items will be stored most often, and used when performing transactions), default cost (the default value used when you increase stock), supplier (the name of the supplier you want used in restock reports), and unit of measure conversions for calculating restock triggers (helps make sure that restocks are calculated correctly when you store items in different units of measure).
To edit "Item Settings", type the new data in the field(s) you wish to change, and click the "Save" button.
To edit "Unit of Measure Conversions for Calculating Restock Triggers", type the new data in the field(s) you wish to change, and click the "Save" button.
7. "Restock" - The global and location restock thresholds for the item.
To edit "Restock Levels" globally, type the low quantity and/or high quantity thresholds in the field(s) you wish to change, and click the "Save" button.
To edit "Location Restock Levels", type the location, and the low quantity and/or high quantity thresholds in the field(s) you wish to change, and click the "Save" button.
8. "Users" - The list of users access to the item.
To manage a users access to the item, click the "All Items" button under the Global column. This will take you to the "Admin" tab / "Users Permission: Item Access" page / "Item Detail" sub tab. Click the select button to choose "User can view all items" or "Specify which items this user can view". To specifying which items the user can view, click the red X icon (access restricted) for the item(s) you wish to give the user access, and the icon will change to a green checkmark (access enabled).
9. "$ Values" - Current average cost per unit for every inventory record for the item.
To edit the current average cost, type in the new "Current Avg. Cost per Unit" for the inventory record you wish to change, and click the "Update" button.