In order to completely remove a unit of measure from the system, you must first make sure that it is NOT currently used by one or more inventory records or items. If the unit of measure is currently used by inventory records or items, you will need to update your data, or edit the unit of measure (http://j.mp/JQTWm4) to merge it with another existing unit of measure.
To Delete a Unit of Measure:
1. Click the "Libraries" tab.
2. Click the "Unit of Measure Library" link.
3. In the library table, under the Unit of Measure column, type the "Unit of Measure" in the filter field for the unit of measure you wish to delete. Hit the "Enter" or "Tab" key on your keyboard.
4. Click the trash can icon (delete) for the unit of measure you wish to delete.
5. Click the "OK" button to confirm you want to delete the unit of measure.
If there are no inventory records for the unit of measure it will be deleted after step 5. is complete.
However, if the unit of measure is used in ANY inventory records, the system will alert you.
If this is the case, you can edit the unit of measure to merge it with another existing unit of measure by following these steps:
6. Click the pencil icon (edit) for the unit of measure. This will take you to the "Edit" panel where you can type in the name of an existing unit of measure.
7. Click the "Save" button. This will take you to the "Merge" panel.
8. On the "Merge" panel, click the "Merge" button to confirm that you want to merge all existing records at the old unit of measure (e.g. "ea."), into the existing unit of measure (e.g. "pc(s)"). It's important to note that If you proceed, all existing references to the old unit of measure (e.g. "ea.") will be removed and the action cannot be undone.