A "User" is defined as a unique login, not a person, or 'seat', whose activity is logged and whose permissions can be altered in order to restrict access to elements of the application, items, or locations. Multiple people can use Clearly Inventory on a single user account; however, it is not recommended that the same user account be used on different devices at the same time.
To Create New Users:
1. Click the "Admin" tab.
2. Click the "Users" link.
3. Click the "Create New User" button.
4. Under the "User Detail" sub tab, complete the following:
- Type the user's name in the "User Name" field (this will be their login name, too).
- Type the password for the user in the "Password" field (it can be changed later).
- Type the same password again in the "Password" field.
- Type the user's first name in the "First Name" field.
- Type the user's last name in the "Last Name" field.
- Type the user display name in the "Display As" field. This is the name the user will see in the upper right corner of the page.
- Type the company name of the user in the "Company Name" field.
- Type the user's email address in the "Email" field. Clearly Inventory will send the user an email inviting them to login to the application.
- Type the user's phone number (optional) in the "Phone Number" field. This can come in handy if you ever need to call a user.
- Click the down arrow in the "Start Tab" field to select the user's start tab.
5. Click the "Save" button.
Clearly Inventory uses permissions settings to determine which tabs and features users can access when they sign in to their Clearly Inventory account.
These are some examples.
• Specify which items or locations users can access.
• Control which (if any) kinds of transactions users can perform, and what methods they can use.
• Allow access to uploaded files on a user-by-user basis.
Permissions settings can be applied to individual users or copied from one user to another.
To Set Permissions for a User, follow the steps below.
1. On the "User List " page, click the "Edit" button to the left of the user’s first name.
2. Under the "Set Permissions" section of the page, click each sub tab to restrict the view and access of specific features (= ON = OFF ).
"User Detail - Copy User Permissions From" - click to select a user name from which to copy permissions to another user, and click the "Copy" button.
"Global" – Features under this tab mainly relate to transactions and cost information.
"Item Access" – This tab contains specific items.
"Location Access" – This tab contains specific locations.
"MyInventory" – This tab is where you can quickly create and add your inventory. All increases, decreases, conversions, movements, and status updates of stock take place within this tab.
"Views" – This tab contains reports on the current and historical state of your inventory, as well as specialized reports for restocking, viewing all items, custom views, etc…
"Libraries" – This tab is where users maintain all of the elements of your inventory system (Items, Locations, Units of Measure, Images, and Status).
"Admin" – This tab contains important account administration functions such as customization, users, settings, and billing.
If you need assistance creating new users and/or setting user permissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-800-300-0160 / international +1(1)314-488-2728.