At some point you may need to edit multiple items groups. Rather than changing each item group one at a time (http://j.mp/J9TBJT), you can use the upload method to edit many item groups at once.
To Edit Multiple Item Groups:
1. Click the "Libraries" tab
2. Click the "Item Library" link.
3. Click the "More" button in the upper right corner of the library table.
4. Click the "Upload" link.
5. Click the "Download Item Library" button, and open in Excel.
6. Under the "Item Group" column, type the new item group name in the data field for each item group you wish to change, and save the file to your computer.
7. Click the "Browse" button to select the file for upload.
8. Click the "Upload" button. The file will be sent to Clearly Inventory and in the "Item Upload Log" table, under the under the "Upload Status" column, you will see the word "Processing". IMPORTANT: it may take several minutes for your file to get processed. Click the "Check Upload Status" button to check on status of the file upload. You can also be notified by e-mail when processing is complete.
9. Once your file has processed, the "Upload Status" column will update. If everything went well, you'll see the word "Complete". If not, you'll see the word "Error" and an error message. Click the "Errors" link, click the "Download" button, choose "Save File As" or "Save Target As", and you can save the file for viewing and editing. Once you edit an error file, and delete the last column (labeled "Problem"), follow the above steps to upload the corrected file.