The "Update Status" transaction gives you the ability to update the status of your items in stock, and allows users to tell at a glance if items are available for use, or reserved for another purpose. Here are some examples:
You sell items, but they are not yet packed for shipment.
You want to reserve items for future production runs.
Some items are damaged and need to be repaired.
Items have been ordered, but are not yet on-hand.
A sales rep wants to reserve items for a potential sale.
You're shipping items from one facility to another, and want to show the items as being 'in transit'.
To Update Status of Inventory Items:
1. Click the "MyInventotry" tab.
2. Type the item id, number, sku, etc.. that you use to identify an item in the "Item ID" filter field. Hit the "Enter" or "Tab" key on your keyboard.
3. Type the quantity in the "Action Qty" field for the inventory item you wish to update status.
4. Click the "Update Status" option.
5. After completing the update status form, click the "Save" button.