The "Convert Unit of Measure" transaction is used when you want to convert an item from one unit of measure to a different unit of measure. For example, you receive a four "cases" of widgets, and each case contains 144 pcs. of widgets. If you want to 'convert' one case into 144 pcs. you click the "convert" button, and follow the system prompts. This eliminates the need to 'decrease' one case, and then 'increase' 144 pcs. With the "Convert Unit of Measure" option, this can be done in one click.
To Convert Unit of Measure of Inventory Items:
1. Click the "MyInventotry" tab.
2. Type the item id, number, sku, etc.. that you use to identify an item in the "Item ID" filter field. Hit the "Enter" or "Tab" key on your keyboard.
3. Type the quantity in the "Action Qty" field for the inventory item you wish to convert.
4. Click the "Convert Unit of Measure" option.
5. After completing the convert form, click the "Save" button.