The "Move Items" transaction is used when you want to move items from one location to another. For instance, a company receives 100 widgets that were in the location "On Order". When the order is received, the company moves those items from "On Order" to "Shipping and Receiving" or whatever other location it desires. The "Move Items" option eliminates the need to 'decrease' a quantity of items from one location, and then having to 'increase' them to another. With the "Move Items" option, this can be done in one click.
To Move Inventory Items from One Location to Another:
1. Click the "MyInventotry" tab.
2. Type the item id, number, sku, etc.. that you use to identify an item in the "Item ID" filter field. Hit the "Enter" or "Tab" key on your keyboard.
3. Type the quantity in the "Action Qty" field for the inventory item you wish to move.
4. Click the "Move Items" option.
5. After completing the move form, click the "Save" button.