Custom transaction fields allow you to attach important data to transactions, such as a PO#, Invoice Number, Carrier, or whatever you feel you need.
To Create Custom Transaction Fields:
1. Click the "Admin" tab.
2. Click the "Customize" link.
3. Click the "Transaction Fields" link.
4. Click the "New Custom Transaction Field" button.
5. Click the option button to "select what kind of data the field will contain" (i.e. text and numbers,drop down list, currency).
6. Type the "name of the data" in the field.
7. Click the "Next" button.
8. Type the description of the data field in the "Description" field if one is needed.
9. Click the option button to make the field "Required" if needed.
10. Type a number in the "Sort Order" field to indicate what order you want to the custom field to appear by default in views.
11. Click the option button(s) to select the "Transaction Types" you want to include the custom data field.
12. Click the "Save" button.