Custom item fields allow you to attach important data to your inventory items. Information such as size, color, style, sale price, expiration dates, etc... (The custom item fields will hold up to 1,000 characters).
To Create Custom Item Fields:
1. Click the "Admin" tab.
2. Click the "Customize" link.
3. Click the "Item Fields" link.
4. Click the "New Custom Item Field" button.
5. Click the option button to "select what kind of data the field will contain" (i.e. text and numbers,drop down list, currency).
6. Type the "name of the data" in the field.
7. Click the "Next" button.
8. Type the description of the data field in the "Description" field if one is needed.
9. Click the option button to make the field "Required" if needed.
10. Type a number in the "Sort Order" field to indicate what order you want to the custom field to appear by default in views.
11. Click the "Save" button.