There may come a time when you need to edit the attributes of multiple item records. Instead of changing each item one item at time, you can use the upload method to edit a group of items all at once.
To Edit Multiple Items:
1. Click the "Libraries" tab
2. Click the "Item Library" link.
3. Click the "More" button in the upper right corner of the library table.
4. Click the "Upload" link.
5. On the "Item Uploads" page, click the "Download Item Library" button, and open in Excel.
6.Type the new information in the data fields you wish to change, and save the file to your computer. DO NOT change Item ID using this method. If you need to edit the Item ID, follow the steps in this post.
7. Click the "Browse" or "Choose File" button to select the file for upload.
8. Click the "Upload" button. The file will be sent to Clearly Inventory and in the "Item Upload Log" table, under the under the "Upload Status" column, you will see the word "Processing". IMPORTANT: it may take several minutes for your file to get processed. Click the "Check Upload Status" button to check on status of the file upload. You can also be notified by e-mail when processing is complete.
9. Once your file has processed, the "Upload Status" column will update. If everything went well, you'll see the word "Complete". If not, you'll see the word "Error" and an error message. Click the "Errors" link, click the "Download" button, choose "Save File As" or "Save Target As", and you can save the file for viewing and editing. Once you edit an error file, and delete the last column (labeled "Problem"), follow the above steps to upload the corrected file.